AVENGERS General Assembly 2024
9-10 April 2024
- Lund University, Lund, Sweden
The AVENGERS General Assembly 2024 will take place at Lund University, Sweden, the 9-10 April 2024.
The programme and registration form will be available here closer to the meeting.
EC-ESA Joint Earth System Science Inititiatve
22-24 November 2023
- ESA-ESRIN, Frascati, Italy
The event Science for a Green and Sustainable Society served to review the latest advances in Earth Observation and Earth System Science across domains and specially to showcase the latest ESA and EC funded results, projects and initiatives as a basis for networking and interdisciplinary science.
The coordinator of AVENGERS, Dr. Marko Scholze, presented an overview of the project. Click here to view the presentation.
CORSO General Assembly meeting and CoCO2 final meeting
20-22 November 2023
- Wageningen, NL
The CORSO project held its first General Assembly in collaboration with the CoCO2 project’s final General Assembly, between the 20-22 November 2023.
Click on this link for more information.
EMME-CARE 3rd Annual Online Scientific Workshop
7 November 2023
The Climate and Atmosphere Research Center (CARE-C) of the Cyprus Institute, and its Advanced Partners, organised the 3rd Annual Scientific Workshop on Climate and Atmosphere Research & Innovation in the Eastern Mediterranean and Middle East (EMME) region, on Tuesday 7 November 2023. See this link for more details and program.
The AVENGERS project presented the plans to develop an easy-to-use Flexible Inversion Tool for Inventory Compilers (FIT-IC) for use by inventory compilers (with a slide from this presentation on FIT-IC used in this web story announcing the inclusion of CARE-C as a Hop-On partner in AVENGERS)
AVENGERS/CMCC webinar on Inverse Modelling
24 October 2023
- Online webinar, 12:30 – 13:30 CET
A free webinar on inverse modelling is organised as part of the AVENGERS project, in collaboration with CMCC.
Inverse modelling is a methodical approach for better quantifying the variables governing a physical system, using observations of that system, and therefore optimising the estimates of the variables. With the objective of reducing uncertainties of national greenhouse gas (GHG) emission inventories, inverse models are used to reconcile reported emissions with independent information from atmospheric observations.
Click on this link for more information and to register.
AVENGERS @ NCGG-9
21-23 June 2023
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands
AVENGERS project presented at the 9th International Symposium on Non-CO2 Greenhouse Gases (NCGG-9):
· ‘AVENGERS Overview‘ by M Scholze et al., Lund University
· ‘TOPAS-CH4: A methane source attribution tool for policy support and scientific application‘ by A Seegers et al., TNO
The symposium homepage can be found here.
8-9 February 2023
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The main objectives of the project kick-off meeting were to:
· Introduce the team members – full project consortium;
· Create a shared understanding of the project background and scope;
· Create a mutual understanding of what a successful project looks like;
· Create a shared understanding of what needs to be done, and who should lead what;
· Agree on how to work together effectively through common work practices, tools, communication channels, etc.
AVENGERS @ WMO Symposium
30 Jan - 1 Feb 2023
- Geneva, Switzerland